Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tastes good...

So I made sausages for dinner today and decided some green peppers would taste really good with them.  I tried to think if I had any in the fridge...no.  I tried to decide if I could run to the store to get some before the sausages finished cooking...not enough time. Instead, I walked out my front door, around to the side of the house, reached down into my garden, and PICKED one!


That was a first.  I've never found that I was missing a key ingredient for dinner and realized I was growing that very thing right outside my front door.  Amazing!  I admit, it probably was not ready to be picked.  It was only half the size it could have gotten, but I got it when I wanted it, and victory never tasted SO good!


Let's take a peek at some of my other vegetables...

Zucchini:

 

Broccoli:
The ones in the ground are doing a little better than the ones in the pots.
I planted some in pots on my deck to protect them from the deer.  It looks like I should have been more concerned about deck dwelling insects.
Carrots:

Spinach:
Poor spinach never had a chance.  Apparently it likes cool weather...not 95 degree Pittsburgh humidity.

Tomatoes:

No comments:

Post a Comment