Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Healing Quickly

I know people have been concerned about me so I wanted to write an update on how the recovery is going....  It's going great!  I had a lot of help and friends to hang out with while healing which made it go quicker as well.  I know my doctor told me to stay home for two weeks, but I say that a happy body is a healing body.  I would have gone crazy if I never left the house! 

My happy healing started when I got out of the hospital.  I called my friend Ashley from the hospital to tell her what happened and she had a delicious meal (and a hug) ready for us to pick up as we passed her house on our way home. When Danny's parents heard what happened they sent roses to my house.  Conveniently, they were delivered while Danny was at home for an hour getting some things together for school.  When I walked in the door my flowers were there to greet me.  I went straight up to lie in bed and Danny brought the flowers up to me with a TV tray so I could have them right next to me! :) 




I took it easy on Saturday, but on Sunday night I went over to my bishop's house for dessert and to watch Mt. Lebanon's fireworks with my ward.  On Monday Ashley and Jordan invited us over for dinner.  Delicious blue cheese burgers and a rowdy game of Pirates Cove (which I won!). On Tuesday I went out with the girls for some dessert (chocolate, of course) and to watch Eclipse. 

I think my doctor would cringe if he found out how much I did NOT stay tucked up in my bed.

I called Megan for another dinner, but she was out of town, so CJ brought us some AMAZING pizza from Cestone's. I felt bad, but not too much, because the pizza was delicious.  Thursday some of my new coworkers came over to see me and to bring me dinner.  My boss also came and brought me an edible arrangement, balloon, and teddy bear.  Aren't they so cute?  And I only met them like a month ago!
I stopped taking any pain medication a week after the surgery and was able to take the steri strips off my incision.  There was still a lot of bruising, but it is looking better by the day.  I was back at church on Sunday teaching my primary class, and back to work on Monday (shhh, don't tell the doc).

I can do most things as normal now. The only times I really notice my incision is when I sneeze or roll around in bed trying to get comfortable.  I can't lift heavy things or work out for several more weeks, so I get to sit on the couch and eat Oreos while I watch Danny struggle through (or as he would say, "dominate") P90X.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are doing better! I think I would go crazy lying in bed for such a long time too, so leaving and doing fun things to take your mind off of it doesn't sound like a bad idea. And, you got some great stuff out of it!

    ReplyDelete