Friday, March 12, 2010

It's here!

I found it!  The first signs of spring!  The snow has almost completely melted, and I found the first brave crocuses pushing up out of the ground.  They were just waiting for that darned snow to go away so they could make their grand entrance into the world.

So far, Pittsburgh has put on quite a show for the seasons we've been here.  We adored the summer of beautiful greens, bright sunshiney days that never got above 90, and living out on our deck barbecuing.  We were entranced in the fall as the most vibrant colors we've ever seen spread throughout the whole city and we watched as the gorgeous yellow, red, and orange leaves cover the ground.  We were astonished in the winter as we witnessed the biggest snowstorm we've ever been in.

We have learned that this city likes to do it big when it comes to the seasons.  Spring will be the last season to round out our first year in Pittsburgh.

I can't wait to see what it will bring!


1 comment:

  1. I love your description of Pittsburgh's weather- it's so true! And your picture is making me happy. This gloomy rainy weather is kinda depressing, and it's nice to see that spring is on its way!

    PS. I just realized that I've never met your husband! You guys look so cute together in the pictures on your header.

    ReplyDelete