Friday, December 9, 2011

My baby boy is a month old!

To celebrate I guess I'll update the blog.  The day he turned 1 month several things changed.  He's not a newborn any more.  We took him for his 1 month WCC.  The doctor said everything looks great! He weighed 9 lbs even and is 21.5 in long.  We are going to Phoenix Children's hospital where Danny works.  We go to the outpatient clinic where Danny does a shift every Tuesday. 


Desmond loved seeing his Daddy at work, but I think Danny loved showing off his baby to all his coworkers a lot more.


He is lifting up his head really high when we have tummy time.  I snapped these picture of him the other day and will disperse them throughout the post, because who doesn't love looking at pictures...especially of my adorable baby boy?


He likes to make funny faces at us all the time.



The morning of his 1 month birthday I was talking to him and smiling and he suddenly started smiling back at me for the 1st time.  This wasn't just any ordinary smile.  He was looking directly at me and his whole face smiled at me. A huge, open mouth, toothless grin.  Talk about melt your heart.  We went on that way for about a minute. And then he lost interest in me.


He has outgrown his newborn clothes and newborn diapers.  Time to start packing away his first set of clothes. Tear.


He doesn't really fall asleep on his own anymore, anytime, anywhere.  I have to watch the clock and actually soothe him to sleep when it's time for a nap.  I learned this the hard way.  We spent 2-3 days with him being fussy all day.  He wouldn't sleep very long, so I figured he was hungry and I spent the entire day nursing him.  After talking to my cousin on the phone I learned I need to put him to sleep more often and he was so fussy because he was overly-tired.  Today he's been sleeping like an angel and so wonderful when he's awake. YAY!


I LOVE my little boy and am so glad he's mine!

2 comments: