Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy Happy Birthday

Danny doesn't like big celebrations for his birthday so we had a quiet night at home together.  I made German pancakes in the morning for him before work.  Then, upon request, I made a German Chocolate cake from scratch after I got back from school.  I think it's the first cake I've ever made from scratch.  It was HUGE and took a couple hours to make.  It took us a week to polish it off, but it was worth every bite (and all the calories).  I also made homemade rolls...mmmm.


I was so worn out from all the prep work that I was out by 10:30.  I snoozed on the couch while Danny participated in his favorite activity, watching THE JAZZ.

 

One of our good friends had a birthday 2 days later so we went out to celebrate them both on Saturday at Benihana.  They give you a free meal if it's the month of your birthday - up to $30 off.  It was awesome!


Delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Finally! So glad you have joined the blogging world! LOVE all the pics! You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to see you have the "you're the best" plate tradition going.... :)

    ReplyDelete